Thursday, December 1, 2011

Julehygge!

'Tis the season at DIS for group projects and papers, tests and all around academia. I can't lie and say I've been doing fabulous, exciting, and touristy things this past week, because I definitely have not. Instead I took my final test before exams, presented a group project in my medical ethics class, turned in my journal entries and planned out my last two group presentations due next week. So much work!

But I also took time this week to make a list of things I want to do before I leave Copenhagen (in 18 days!). Here's what I came up with:


  • Christiania Christmas Market
  • Carlsberg Factory
  • Louisiana Modern Art Museum
  • The Little Mermaid
  • A canal tour
  • Tivoli at Christmas

Before I go on, I know, it's pathetic I haven't been to the little mermaid yet, but if you knew how hard it was to get to her, you'd understand! She's all the way out by the water, not close to where I live or DIS at all. But I promise to go see her (and I guess say goodbye!). Hopefully this Saturday I will be able to go up the coast to Louisiana. I've heard it's a fantastic art museum and the featured exhibit looks fabulous. I was never into art until I had to take art history the spring trimester of my senior year of high school. We looked at the late 1700's to the early 2000's and it was the best class I ever took (until college). I now have a huge appreciation for modern and contemporary art and will be really sad if I don't make it there by the time I leave.

I have some of the others planned (around all my group projects, of course) and will hopefully be able to cross everything off the list by the time I board the plane to America on the 19th. Some of my friends are leaving earlier than me, but I'm glad I'm staying here for one final weekend after exams to make sure I do everything I want to! 

And to go with the title, here's a peak at what Christmas is like in Copenhagen. 

The streets are lined with lights, garland and hearts...

And the stores start selling Scandinavian Snuggies. 

Wish me luck with my list!

- Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment