Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And then she booked the tickets...

Yes, my mother has officially purchased her two weeks in Europe in mid-October. As I know she will someday read this blog, I will refrain from my more honest comments, however I will say this: my mom likes to travel. And although I have an entire semester in Denmark ahead of me where I can travel anywhere I want and make the city my own (one huge reason why I love being in DC, away from my family), she will pack what I can in a semester into those two weeks. Train rides to Paris, ferry excursions in Stockholm, bike rides through the countryside, a day trip to Estonia - you name it, my mom is doing it. And it's not that I'm mad or annoyed that she is planning a trip to Europe with my sister while I'm abroad, it's more that me being there is an excuse for her to take a vacation. Again. With my sister. Again. Umm Scotland March 2010? She went with Robin because Robin's best friend was in Edinburgh and therefor she had an excuse to go. So does that make me just an excuse?! I hope not...

Also, when my mom makes something official, she makes it Facebook official. Yep, just like those 15 year olds you stupidly friended so you could stalk your former high school she posts anything and everything. I might need to introduce her to Twitter, where you can say stuff like that and nobody really has to read it. So now it has become a status update, which means she's in research mode. In the past 12 hours I've gotten endless information about the city I will be spending four months in. But just like with DC, I want to figure it out on my own! I am really good with transportation and am outgoing enough to figure things out. I don't need to arrive in Denmark with books on the cities and facts all through my brain that I can whip out anytime I feel like being a total nerd. I just want to figure it out as I go! So I will leave my mother be and hope her planning goes well... she's already informed me that my sister and she will not be with me for the entire two weeks, they want to do other things. That's great, as long as I don't have to hear about it, I'll do it on my own.

PS - love you Mum!! I know you want to have a good trip, but let me enjoy mine too!!! (Hopefully you won't see this until I leave in August and tell people about this blog...) dwh.

No comments:

Post a Comment