Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Less than TWO Months!!

*gah I did it again. I'm sorry. I stopped typing for two seconds to take my contacts out and am returning three days later. I'm sorry! But rather than add onto this one, I'm going to start a new post!*

This week had me remembering all those memories from the summer before college. Remember how right after you graduated high school all you could think about was your new school, new friends, new dorm room... yeah that was my life. I joined the American Class of 2013 Facebook page and stalked it like no other. I didn't post too much, but definitely knew what people were talking about. When I got to AU in August I knew much more than I would have if Facebook wasn't around, and had an idea of what I wanted to get involved in.

Well I guess it's my lucky day because DIS also has a Facebook page. Although groups have changed a lot since I was headed to college (no more discussion boards, just wall posts), the Fall 11 DIS group has really helped me figure out some of the parts of going abroad. But then part of me wants it to be a surprise! I remember going to college and saying, oh yeah, I heard about all this on Facebook! I want my abroad experience to be the best, and don't really want to go in knowing where everything is or what things mean. I want to figure it out! So I've been avoiding that group a little. But it's nice to know just how many people I am going to have the opportunity of meeting when I'm there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment