Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pack, Pack, Pack it Up!


*I wrote this a week ago, but had no internet to post it! Enjoy!*

So I’ve been thinking about using this title for a while, but then remembered I am going to have to pack for Copenhagen and was sad to think I’ll have to make a new title when I do that. But I don’t leave for two months (exactly!) so I have some time to think it over. But anyway, the reason I titled this as I did is because I moved this week. My mom moved from her apartment to a new, bigger condo. I feel like it’s really homey and meant to be. Before, the apartment was nice but had no dishwasher. Well, it did, but its name was Devon. So it really didn’t have one. I’m all moved into the new house, making this my sixth move in two years. First I moved to college, then I switched dorms in January, then I moved home to the apartment (not where home was when I went to college), then I moved back to school, then I moved back to the apartment, and now we’re moving into the condo. I definitely am an efficient packer now and know how to organize things in boxes quite well. It’s nice to know I’ll be able to come back here to visit for a while.

But that’s not all the moving I did. Nope, I also moved at work. We did store renovations this year (well, not us, but the store was renovated). This meant that while each floor was being redone, we had to move all the merchandise onto one floor. They just finished the second floor, and this weekend all the employees had to clear out the entire store of clothes, take down all the shelves and fixtures and move in the new ones. This was a two day process (almost three) and finally the store is done. Unfortunately this happened right when my mom was moving, so I was living at work due to the move, and basically out of my car because I wasn’t home during that move to pack things up, so they had to stay in my car for the weekend. It was crazy!

Now everyone everywhere is moved in and happy. I am still unpacking at home, I need to store stuff for when I get back in December and move to DC for the semester and also remember to save things I will want in Denmark. Ugh I feel like it is so far away, but I still have to do so much. I need to save money really badly, I have to figure out luggage and what I need to bring, and I need to start running (I’m headed to the park to do that in a minute, I’m just waiting for my ipod to charge) so I can run in Copenhagen and stay in shape!

Oh and an update on things: my passport hasn’t arrived yet, I won’t find out about housing or anything for a while, and I am halfway done with chemistry!!! Well, hoping I pass my final this Wednesday… wish me luck!!! dwh.

No comments:

Post a Comment