Friday, September 23, 2011

Agnes Cupcakes: Round Two


Hurray for a second post of the week! I hope all of you are near a very nice cupcake store this fall because the level of cupcake blogging is about to increase exponentially. I have decided to blog about Agnes Cupcakes, the leading (and possibly only) cupcakery in Copenhagen. A little while ago I went to their new location in the Torvehallerne Market, located a few blocks from where I live, and blogged about the amazing dark chocolate cupcake I had (read about it here). Then my friend Julie wanted to go see what flavors they had, and it turned into a crazy adventure ending in me deciding I just had to taste all thirty flavors. So each week I will be blogging about a new flavor or two that I tried during the week. But for today, I'd like to tell you all about my adventure with Julie to find some cupcakes...

We started a bit late in the afternoon, rolling out of bed at about one. We had just come back from our short study tours and weren't really feeling like getting out of bed. Julie asked me for directions to the cupcake store, and I said I'd go with her (pass on cupcakes? I think not.). As we got ready to go, girls on our floor kept giving us 30 kroner for a cupcake, and pretty soon we had a list of people wanting a delicious cupcake. We got on our bikes and rode to the market, list and kroner in hand.

Half of the market - there are two identical buildings.

And it was closing. Julie and I had waited so long to roll out of bed, hardly anything was open. No sushi, no bread, and barely any cupcakes. I had my eye on the carrot cake flavor but there weren't any. Julie wanted dark chocolate but they were almost out. And we had to buy everyone else cupcakes too... So we jumped back on our bikes and headed downtown to where the Agnes headquarters are. To be honest, you'd never find them without a detailed map or a nice juice store employee, who helped Julie and I out after we had become terribly lost. 

People waiting in line for cupcakes at the flagship store.

Finally we got there! We bought SO MANY CUPCAKES!!! Julie bought a dark chocolate for herself, I bought a mini carrot cake to eat there (they were all out of the normal size), and a black and white for later that day (to review here). Then we bought the three girls dark chocolate cupcakes and had them wrapped in a box to bring home. Julie has a bike basket, so it was easy to carry them all back. When we got home and opened the box, we found this:

Not exactly what they looked like in the store, but they tasted just as good! It was a little warm that day and we think they just melted on the ride home. Oh well! My black and white cupcake (chocolate with vanilla frosting) was possibly better than the dark chocolate flavor I originally tried! It was sweet but not too sweet, perfectly moist cake and just enough frosting for each bite. The chocolate shavings around the edge were the perfect ending. I'd eat ten more if they weren't bad for me!


I can't say anything bad about Agnes Cupcakes. They have the best cupcakes around. My next cupcake review will be APPLE! I don't want to give it away, but I already ate it and you won't be disappointed! 

Until then,
Devon.

Julie before her very first Agnes cupcake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment