Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just Go With It.

Hello there blog readers!

I hope you enjoyed the cupcake review on Tuesday; I definitely ate way too many cupcakes last week. Anyway, the reason I’m writing today and not tomorrow is that I have to update you all on what my life has been life for the past two days. Unfortunately, Monday night when I was out, my laptop was stolen from my room. Even more unfortunate is that my roommate failed to lock the door, meaning insurance can’t cover the losses because it was technically not a break-in. So I have had to quickly say goodbye to my MacBook, my faithful friend that I’ve had since high school, and everything that was on it (I kept putting off buying an external hard drive, I know, I know) including papers, lists, my travel plans for my two week break, and all the pictures I have taken in the past three years. It was a tough loss.
What I will say is that I have been impressed with how DIS has handled the situation. Obviously being abroad in a large city means laptop thefts are unfortunately just something you have to deal with, and DIS knows what to do. They have already contacted the IT department to get me a loaner laptop for as long as possible, helped me file the insurance claim (even though it probably won’t be covered) and have done everything they can to make this as easy as possible. I’m glad I’m abroad with a program that knows the ropes.
As for the blogs, I will try to update everything as much as I can, but please be patient the next couple weeks. Right now I’m still using the DIS library computers, but I should have an external hard drive when my mom visits in October, and can then start uploading pictures again. Please bear with me; they might not be as detailed as before, I have limited computer access now. I’m not planning on buying a new laptop until I come home in December (just in case something was to happen again), so it will be a very interesting rest of the semester. There actually might be even more cupcake blogs (just without pictures) in the near future, because I like to eat away my sorrows in the form of chocolate.
So that's all, I just wanted to blog and tell you all what's up. Next week I'm in Berlin and Poznan, Poland, so I will try to blog but we'll see. More to look forward to when I come back!
Thanks for reading,
Devon.

No comments:

Post a Comment