Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Guten Tag aus Berlin!

Hallo!

Can you tell my German is limited to those two sayings? Well, it isn't, but it might as well be. I also know some wonderful sayings involing numbers, colors and how to eat, but thankfully have not had to rely on them here in Berlin. I absolutely love this city! It is absolutely huge, with so many train stations, underground stations, bus stations and light rail stops I feel like you could go anywhere without having to walk! The museums are fabulous, and there is so much history from the 20th century, the one you never get to in history class. Yesterday DIS arranged for my group to go on a bike tour of the city. I think I'm going to try going on one in every city I go to. They are inexpensive (€28) compared to other tours and you get some exercise too! DIS has organized some great meals too - potatoes, bread, meat, you can't get much more German than that.

Other than food and biking, we have visited fabulous medical campuses and learned a lot! I don't have time right now to explain everything (I should tell you that I'm blogging from a public pay-per-hour computer in a mall) but promise to keep updating as much as I can this week! I am having a great time, and am excited for tomorrow when we head to Poznan, Poland!

My current blogging location: the mall in Potsdamer Platz. My space bar is semi broken and the keyboard is in German. No big deal.

Hope the weather where you are is as fabulous as it is here!
Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment