Monday, October 24, 2011

Bon Voyage!

Today is Monday, which means yesterday was Sunday, and that was when my mom and sister flew back to the US, which makes me very sad! But we had a great week and I loved having them here. It's hard to explain, but there's something about seeing people you knew before going abroad that makes you really happy. Same goes for whenever I see someone from American at DIS - I get overly excited.

This week my family explored all of Denmark to the point where yesterday we had nothing really to do. This past week (after our trip to Stockholm last weekend) we covered Amalienborg Palace, Christiania, they went on a canal tour, and we spent all of Wednesday in Malmö, right over the bridge in Sweden. Malmö is perfect for a day trip, just the right amount of shopping, great restaurants (that won't break the bank) and a great castle with museums inside! It was just the right amount for one day, and the train tickets were pretty cheap! A side note: I almost lost my camera, but thankfully retraced my steps and found it at the museum. Huge panic moment!

Malmö has an amazing park in the middle - complete with gardens, a castle and this windmill!

We also indulged in far too many Agnes Cupcakes, which I will be posting about soon! Thankfully my sister is an adventurous eater so we got some of the more interesting flavors out of the way. I will do a few more this week and then tell you all about them before I leave for my study break!

Speaking of which, I haven't told you where I'm going yet, have I? Well I think I might just keep it a surprise, something to tempt you with in the coming weeks. I have all my travel documents printed, and only need to book one more hostel and buy a train ticket, and I'm set! I honestly can't believe it's all coming together, I've been planning this trip for months.

But more on that later this week! I'm so happy to hear that my mom and sister got home safely, and am looking forward to this week - only one test and two presentations! How'd I get so lucky!?

Did you catch that bit of sarcasm at the end? Look for cupcakes soon!
Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment