Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Green, Purple and Coconut - Quite a Combination

Aaand we're back! Welcome to this week's edition of my Agnes Cupcakes review! On today's list we have (drum roll please...)

Italian Almond, Coconut and Pistachio!

Who will come out on top, which tasted the best, and how many call for a round two!? 

First up is Italian Almond, a combination of vanilla and cherry cake with cherry-infused frosting, coated in almonds! To be perfectly honest, the Agnes website had to be referenced to figure out it was cherry. Not something we're used to having in a cupcake I guess. The almonds were a good way to tone down the sweetness, something we've found to be a problem with most of their fruit-based cupcakes. But it was definitely a solid flavor. I'll give it a 6 out of 10.


Next we have Coconut, a surprise entry by my mom! This cupcake deserves top honors for looks alone! With a tahitian vanilla (thank you Agnes website!) and coconut-flavored cupcake and caramel icing topped with huge coconut shavings, this cupcake is something new! I really liked what the caramel added to the coconut flavor, but the chunks of coconut were a little much to chew on. Overall it's a 6 out of 10 as well.


Pistachio finishes us off today with it's bright green color and interesting taste. Instead of the regular frosting, this cupcake is topped with a whipped frosting (Agnes' website says it's orange flower. What's orange flower?) and based with a pistachio-flavored cake and rolled in crushed pistachios. To be honest I couldn't taste the pistachio. My sister said it was better than the ginger zing though, and I have to take her word for it! I'd give pistachio a 5 out of 10. 

Therefore the winner is..... there's a tie! Well, I did like coconut enough to decide the other coconut flavors were worth sampling, so I will award coconut the title this week! But to be honest, none of these flavors really impressed me. So sad!

Next time I'll review three cupcakes for you all: milk chocolate, red velvet and the Agnes special Halloween cupcake!

Doesn't it look delicious!?

Thanks for reading!
Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment