Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Take a Break, Make a List

My top five this week (I know, I haven't done one in so long!) is about what has been keeping me busy. This might turn into a top six or seven, but I think that's ok, right?

To begin:
1. Group projects. Danes love group projects because they teach you life skills. I have a friend who stand firmly by the belief that they teach you to trust nobody, but I like to take a more positive look on the situation. Right now I'm in various stages of four group projects. They all include a paper and a presentation, and enough organization to keep five people focused for three weeks. I don't mind them, I think you do learn valuable skills out of it, but they can be crazy to manage!

2. Thanksgiving is two days away! I have finally figured out what I'm doing for Thanksgiving, and I'm really excited. I was invited today (after mentioning I wasn't able to plan anything) to a dinner on Saturday evening at my friend Scarlett's house. I'm planning on making a chocolate-something for dessert, too! Unfortunately I have classes on Thursday, but I have Friday off to relax, so I'm still looking forward to the weekend.

3. I am beginning to transition back into American life. I know, it's only November, but I leave Denmark in less than a month and I have responsibilities at my school and at home that need to be worked out before I return. This includes (but's not limited to) my parking permit, apartment lease contract, flight home, how I'm getting to the airport, my job over winter break and when/where I'm seeing my extended family! It's hard to think about things when I'm in a different country, but I know in the long run it will be worth it!

4. Internships are going to be the death of me. I just know it. Right now I'm searching the DC area for a health-related internship that is preferably paid (having an internship means I can't work as many hours and I need the income) and has a hands-on aspect. At this point though, I'd take anything! We'll see how my applications go...

5. Actually I'm fairly certain this will be a five-point list! Lastly what is keeping me going right now is the fact that I simply do not have time to stop. Honestly whenever I sit down I remember to email someone or add to a paper I'm working on. I'm really glad I have planned events in the next few weeks to make sure I don't work too hard. 

And of course I'll have more on those fabulous events in my upcoming blogs!

Devon.

No comments:

Post a Comment