Sunday, December 11, 2011

Last Minute Touristy Adventures: Part One


A few weeks ago I made a list of all the things I wanted to do in Copenhagen before I leave. It wasn't too long, but was comprised of things that all take a long time and require proper planning. That is probably why I left them until the last minute. Since I only have a week left in Copenhagen (and had two when I started working on the list) I have begun to cross things off my list! Here's where I've been so far:

First on the list was Louisiana Modern Art Museum. I went last weekend with my friend Stephanie. After our visit I posted a blog all about it - check it out!

Next up was the Little Mermaid. This required help from a friend as well. If I make plans with someone, they are harder to cancel (obviously) so I end up actually doing what I wanted to. Andrea and I go to American together and are both in sororities, so we've known each other for a while. I asked her because I wanted to take pictures at the statue of my sorority hand sign, which is something only other sorority girls understand. She had already been a few times, but knew where it was so that was a huge plus. Everyone I've talked to said it was underwhelming, and I agree. It's good to go to, and if you don't go, people in the US will ask and you will look stupid. So I went. And now I can cross it off the list!

Between the sun (!!!) and wind, I'm glad to have taken a good-ish picture. 
With the Phi Sig hand sign no less!

After the Little Mermaid was the Christmas Market in Christiania. I didn't really know what to expect, but everyone was saying it was a great place to go, so Saturday I went with Scarlett! It was very interesting and so crowded! I would not recommend going on a Saturday, Danes don't understand how to maneuver crowds very well and were shoving everyone out of their way. I bought some great presents for my family and can cross some names off my list! So in all it was a productive adventure!


Christiania mugs! The three yellow dots are their symbol. 

So far these are the places I've been. I decided to skip the Carlsberg Brewery because I've already been to a brewery in Poland and don't want to spend the money for a tour of the same process. Tivoli at Christmas might also get cut, I don't have twenty dollars to spend on Christmas lights right now... But we shall see! I'm also planning on using my canal tour tickets this week with two of my friends, as long as we can find a time to go. Squeezing tourist adventures and finals in the same week isn't exactly easy... I'll figure it out!

- Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment