Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Last Post

Oh it feels so sad to be posting this. But the fact that I slacked off and didn't post for over a week should tell me it's time to end my blog. It's not that I haven't wanted to write about coming back to the US, it's that I've been entirely too busy to sit down and have enough time to write a solid post. And we all know I don't proof read my posts, so I'm afraid the results would have been scary.

Since I got back to the US (including a race through Dulles airport in DC and being picked up in Boston by my two best friends) I have been unpacking, visiting friends, celebrating holidays and working! Overall it's been a really great week and I can't believe only nine days ago I was still in Copenhagen! I guess what they say about going somewhere new is true: you think you've been there forever, but stop and think and you'll realize it hasn't been that long! When I arrived in Denmark I became extremely homesick after about a week. I felt like I had no friends and wanted to be in DC with my friends. My mom knocked some common sense into me and said I'd only been there a week. I needed to give it much more time before I could make such claims. She was right, and a few weeks later everything was fine.

For me the hardest part of coming back to the states has been seeing how normal everything is. I felt like an outsider many times over the past four months, and now to be immersed in my culture again seems really odd! Everything seems so normal! It is nice though, and I enjoy visiting people and places I love to go to. Even being back at work seems nice! I get to see coworkers I've become good friends with, and earn some money for when I go back to school!

In all I am very happy to be home, and want to enjoy every minute before I have to move back to DC. I don't know where my blogging future is going to go from here, being home and realizing how busy I am has made me think maybe long blogging isn't for me, but possibly something shorter will do. I wish everyone who read my blog who is headed to Copenhagen to study with DIS good luck and have an amazing semester! It is highly worth your time, but make sure to travel as much as possible! Plan trips in advance so you don't get caught up at the last minute, and go where the cheap flights are, you never know what you'll find! And last of all, buy a bike! My bike gave me so much freedom and opened my eyes to Danish culture like nothing else. Buy a bike!!!

So that is all from me, I may post again and contradict the title of this blog, but who knows! Have a wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year! I have really enjoyed posting and blogging about my semester abroad, and hope you all have enjoyed reading about it! Now onto new adventures in new places!

- Devon.

No comments:

Post a Comment