Monday, December 19, 2011

Last Minute Touristy Adventures: Part Two!


Hi everyone! I wanted to get this written and posted before I actually leave Denmark, as I feel that would be sad to have to write about all of my lovely adventures from home. So here we go!

First I went on a canal tour of Copenhagen with my two friends Stephanie and Jane. I had tickets from back in October when my mom and sister were here, but we never used them and I didn't want them to go to waste. So on Wednesday we headed out onto the water to see the city from a different angle! It was actually really fun because we knew about most everything we saw, and got a better sense of where in the city everything is. It also helped me cross a bunch of stuff off my list like seeing the opera house and Black Diamond again. The bridges our boat went under were so short, we were afraid we'd hit them! It was a really fun trip!

Jane and Stephanie enjoying the tour!

Royal Opera House

Then I went to the Little Mermaid again! My friend Amanda hadn't been yet and wanted to go before she left, so we rode our bikes over and had the whole place to ourselves! It was nice to have one last adventure with her before she went back to Chicago and we actually did something with our night other than packing!


Saturday I went to lunch with my visiting family for the last time (so sad!) and then walked around Copenhagen to do a little more Christmas shopping. The food markets (Torvehallerne) were open and full to the brim with Christmas spirit! It smelled so good, there were Christmas cookies to decorate, trees for sale, chocolates to sample and outside there was a fire pit to warm up next to. It was very festive! I bought a few last gifts and then headed home to pack!



This weekend wasn't very touristy for me, I helped take two of my friends to the airport. My roommate left to go home today, and I leave tomorrow morning. Our room is so empty it echoes! I'm pretty sure my bag is under 23 kilos (50 pounds) but if not I have some wiggle room in my carry on for a heavy thing or two. I honestly can't believe I'll be home tomorrow! It seems very strange to go back to the US, like it's a strange land or something. I'm sure once I'm there I'll feel right at home, but right now I don't know what to think!

It was snowing today!

Fingers crossed I make my connecting flight in DC tomorrow and get home safely! I will of course blog if I can and update you once I am home. I have loved my semester in Copenhagen and couldn't have asked for anything better!

- Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment