Monday, December 5, 2011

A Package!

Parents: listen up! When your son or daughter is away at college, and especially when they are across the world studying abroad for the semester (or year!), what will make you number one on the best parents ever list is quite simple - send them a package! Honestly nothing cheers me up more than getting a package from my mom. It doesn't even have to be a huge box with tons of things. Even something as simple as a note and some snacks will do!

Today I got an email from the DIS front desk saying I had a package. My mom had told me she was mailing some things, but I thought it would take a week or two for it to arrive. It took four days! She mailed it on Thursday and today is Monday and I'm halfway around the world! Trust me, she sent it the cheapest way possible too. Inside was a stuffed animal for my visiting family, and ten of the most amazing snacks in the entire world. Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bars. I'm not sure why I have such an obsession with these, but I do. I eat them every morning for breakfast at school and have really missed them this semester. My mom has made sure to mail me some and brought some with her in October, but I've had to resort to eating cereal some mornings...

They're just so good, I have to ration them!

To keep this short, this package made my Monday SO much better. It's a little sad knowing I only have four more days of school. As much as I'd love to go home right this second, I know I'll also truly miss so many things about Denmark. Thinking about this makes me sad... time for a Luna bar!

- Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment